Under the leadership of Brad Hoffman and Faya Hoffman, a husband-and-wife team, we specialize in school planning and placement, private tutoring, and test preparation. Our main office is located in Tribeca with services available across NYC, Washington, DC, Palm Beach, Miami and the metro areas of these locations. We also work with students across the United States and internationally via Skype or other collaborative platforms. We work with learners of all ages with diverse learning goals.
Brad Hoffman, CEO and Founder of My Learning Springboard, began his career as an elementary classroom teacher in fully inclusive school settings in Maryland, where he maintains his advanced professional teaching certificate. After many years in the classroom, Brad transitioned to a career in corporate Human Resources as a Talent and Development Specialist with a Fortune 100 media company in New York City while growing his private practice as a Learning Specialist, Educational Therapist, and Educational Consultant.
He recognized several important things along the way:
- that each student’s needs are different;
- that instruction should be customized, targeted, and transparent;
- and that for students and their families, finding the appropriate expertise and facilitating communication among specialists can be incredibly challenging but critical to achieving success.
Brad wanted to find a way to bring together experienced educators, admissions consultants, psychologists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, educational therapists, reading and math specialists, and medical professionals to develop the right program for each student—and he did so by founding My Learning Springboard in 2009 with his wife, Faya Hoffman, who is also an educator. Their Executive Director, Laurie Gross, is a longtime professional colleague. Brad and Laurie, worked together at Somerset Elementary School in Chevy Chase, Maryland, a leading public and fully inclusive school, where Laurie was the principal and Brad was a classroom teacher.
My Learning Springboard’s Leadership Team is made up of experienced educators who work collaboratively to liaise between families, students, tutors, and related service professionals to ensure success. Our tutors and specialists are dedicated professionals who believe in working together and differentiating their approach to support each student along his or her educational path. From our initial roots in New York City, My Learning Springboard now also works directly with families in the Greater Washington, D.C. Area and Palm Beach County, Florida. We also work with students and families well beyond these direct service areas via Skype and other collaborative tools.
In our work together as practitioners and in the way we operate our business, My Learning Springboard promotes:
- Academic excellence and integrity
- Integration of teaching, research, and professional leadership
- Collegiality and collaboration
- Creativity, divergent thinking and innovation
- Diversity, equity, and social justice
- Lifelong learning, for students, teachers, and parents
- Trusted relationships with students, families, schools, and colleagues
- Responsible citizenship in a global environment