Successful homeschooling programs can be designed and delivered in many different ways depending on the student’s age, academic performance, emotional functioning, passions, interests, and location.
Families may choose homeschooling for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Facilitating a pre-professional track for student athletes, actors, performers, dancers, and entrepreneurs.
- Customizing the curriculum, learning environment, and schedule.
- Managing a medical or emotional issue.
- Continuing a school program while traveling for an extended time period or managing two home locations.
- Accelerating or remediating instruction.
- Using specific pedagogical approaches.
- Enhancing family relationships.
- Providing guided and reasoned social interactions with peers and adults.
- Teaching and imparting a particular set of values and beliefs.
Regardless of the circumstances, our Leadership Team works closely with families, and often mental health and medical professionals, to design comprehensive homeschool programs or supplemental enrichment, including thematic units, special projects, experiential learning opportunities, or service-learning and social action.
We help families to navigate, determine, and execute the best course of action with the support and supervision of a professional and multidisciplinary teaching team. This work includes helping families to identify appropriate and skillful teachers as well as comply with and exceed state and school district regulations. When planning homeschool programs for students taking a leave of absence, we often collaborate with faculty from private schools to ensure continuation of the school’s program as well as credit recovery.
Please contact our office to discuss your family’s specific needs.