Dr. Jennifer Cohen is a licensed psychologist and Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She has offices in Manhattan and Scarsdale, NY where she specializes in providing neuropsychological testing, assessment, and psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and adults. In addition to her private practice, Dr. Cohen teaches and supervises doctoral level students in neuropsychological assessment and she has written several articles on children’s developmental and clinical issues. She also serves as a Clinical Supervisor in the clinical psychology doctoral program at Teacher’s College, Columbia University.
Dr. Cohen regularly consults to schools in the New York metropolitan area on issues related to neuropsychological and learning disorder assessments for students. She completed her undergraduate training at Yale University, where she conducted research on AD/HD, OCD, and TS at the Yale Child Study Center and graduated with distinction in Psychology. She received her doctorate in clinical psychology from The City University of New York, serving as a postdoctoral fellow at the Columbia University Counseling Center. Over the past fifteen years, Dr. Cohen has worked in several New York City hospitals including Bellevue, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, where she completed postdoctoral training as part of a team delivering neuropsychological testing services to various inpatient units.
Dr. Cohen offers the following services:
- Neuropsychological/ Psychoeducational Evaluations
- Assessment of Overall Intellectual Functioning
- Assessment of Strengths/Weaknesses for Educational Planning
- Learning Disabilities
- Testing Accommodations for in-School Exams and Standardized Tests
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Mood/Anxiety Disorders
- Psychological/Personality Assessment
- Psychotherapy with children, adolescents, and adults
- School and parent consultations
New York State License # 016539