WHO WE ARE
Rated the #1 art studio in New York City, The Art Studio NY is dedicated to nurturing all people through transformative visual arts education.
Founded by internationally renowned artist Rebecca Schweiger, The Art Studio NY is now in our 10th year in Manhattan. Homed in a 2000 square foot, beautiful art studio with over 50 weekly classes, over 300 weekly students, and international art programs around the globe, The Art Studio NY is committed to providing an enriching, inspiring and fun learning experience through creativity and art.
ART + EDUCATION = FUN
The perfect formula for a child’s success. Art improves everything from self-esteem to communication to test scores. The Art Studio NY’s children’s art program is a successful marriage of art instruction with education. Our in-home and in-studio art classes, creative art camps and custom art programs for toddlers, children, tweens and teens go way beyond the typical art class. In our engaging creative process, our students are nurtured with one-on-one, tailor-made instruction based on their individual needs and interests.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Private art classes
- Group art classes for all levels and ages ( 2 – 102)
- In-home art lessons
- Cultural art excursions
- Portfolio development
- Painting, drawing, realism, abstraction, mixed-media and more!
- Family art classes
- Scavenger hunts in NYC museums
- Customized one-on-one instruction
- No-fuss-no-stress creative birthday parties
- Corporate events and private adult parties
WHY YOU NEED ART
Art education is not a frill, it is a necessity. Studies reveal that art education has an impact on all aspects of a child’s learning and development, including:
- Higher test stores
- Academic achievement
- Cognitive development
- Healthy self-esteem
- Successful life skills such as problem solving, decision making, self-discipline, sharing, negotiating, and goal setting
- Healthy brain development
- Enhanced communication skills
- Encourages individualism
- Encourages the love of learning
- Increased social skills and relationship building skills
- Exposure to new ways of thinking
- Healthy motivation