My Learning Springboard is an educational services company offering consultation, private tutoring, test preparation, and enrichment teaching as well as special education services for families, schools, and organizations.
Our Beliefs About Teaching and Learning:
- All students can learn.
- All students can learn to be smart.
- All students can succeed.
- All students benefit when tutors, parents, students, schools, and related professionals work together.
- All students can reach mastery through effective effort, practice, and the application of targeted strategies.
- All students benefit from enrichment teaching and mentorship that cultivates their special talents and gifts and offers experiential learning opportunities.
- All students are vital participants in the instructional design process.
- All students must assume ownership and accountability for their own learning and success.
- Teachers’ methodologies should be informed by scholarly research and best practices about child development, pedagogy, and subject matter expertise.
- Teachers are responsible for creating a relaxed, engaging, and safe learning environment where students can take risks.
- Teachers maintain high expectations for all students.
- Teachers build background knowledge and create meaningful learning experiences.
- Teachers differentiate and deliver developmentally appropriate instruction to meet the needs of each student.
- Teachers match strategies to individual students and the task at hand.
- Teachers are responsible for partnering with parents and other professionals to achieve success for every student.
In our work together as practitioners, and in the way we operate our business, My Learning Springboard promotes:
- Academic excellence and integrity
- Integration of teaching, research, and professional leadership
- Collegiality and collaboration
- Creativity, divergent thinking and innovation
- Diversity, equity, and social justice
- Lifelong learning
- Trusted relationships with students, families, schools, and colleagues
- Responsible citizenship in a global environment.