Personal college advisors at International College Counselors provide the individualized attention a student needs to confidently tackle the undergraduate or graduate college admission process. Over 1,000 U.S. and international students have been accepted to the schools of their dreams, with the help of our counselors. International College Counselors employs a personal, one-on-one approach to address the goals, needs, and dreams of each student. Getting to know each student; his or her strengths, weaknesses and passions; and his or her family is an important part of this process. This ICC-created holistic evaluation provides the insight that our college advisors use to match individuals with the best possible schools.
To assist students and their families, advisors at International College Counselors have collectively visited over 300 colleges and universities. They have expertise working with students of all backgrounds including Ivy League bound students, student athletes, fine art majors, international students, students with special needs, and students who are the first one in their family to go to college.
Services for students include:
- High school guidance, including academic course selection of appropriately challenging courses
- Plan and timeline for the admissions process
- Identification of extracurricular and community service opportunities
- Assistance with extracurricular and community service initiatives
- Interview and campus visit planning and preparation
- Standardized test scheduling
- Letters of recommendation support
- Wait list/deferral strategies
- Scholarship and summer program suggestions, application review and support
- College selection support and refinement, including “first choice” school
- Exploration of financial aid goals, strategies, and options
International College Counselors typically starts working with students who are in the 9th or 10th grades. Highly competitive students may start working with us as early as 7th grade. All consulting is done in-person (where available), via phone, Skype, and email.
International College Counselors has been recognized as one of Broward Family Life’s 2014 favorite “Academic Enrichment & Support,” and one of South Florida’s Top 100 Small Businesses in 2012. Mandee Heller Adler, founder & CEO of International College Counselors, is also the author of the book From Public School to the Ivy League: How to get into a top school without top dollar resources.
International College Counselors advisors are members of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA).