Danielle Meyer is a Learning and Reading Specialist and Private Tutor. Danielle’s work focuses on providing students and their families with targeted instruction to help their child learn, grow, and succeed in today’s highly rigorous school settings. After completing her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with honors, at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Danielle had the opportunity to earn her Master’s degree at NOVA Southeastern University while teaching at an elementary school in Palm Beach County, Florida. Working in the classroom while also pursuing a Master’s degree in Special Education provided ample opportunities to develop field and practical knowledge. Danielle held the lead special education teacher position for several years prior to becoming a full time private tutor and special education consultant. Danielle is experienced with Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and behavior management, SRA Reading Mastery, Wilson Fundations (an Orton-Gillingham based approach), LitLife, and Math Investigations.
Currently, Danielle is an active member of both the Council for Exceptional Children as well as International Reading Association. Her mission is to help families and students create an educational experience that is increasingly positive and will provide success long after tutoring has ended.
Danielle provides the following services:
- Special Education/CSE Meeting preparation, attendance, and advocacy
- Private tutoring related to literacy (reading and writing) development and skill refinement
- ISEE Upper and Middle Level reading test preparation
- Work with families around home organization and scheduling to best meet the child’s needs
- Private tutoring for students with learning differences and special needs