Bonnie R. Rabin, Ph.D., is founder and principal consultant of College Career Consulting, LLC, and university faculty member shares expert knowledge, professional resources and provides caring support with those students who are ready to begin and advance their lifelong educational and career journey. Bonnie earned both her Doctorate and Master’s degrees at Cornell University with concentrations in Human Resource Management and Finance from the Johnson Graduate School of Management. She holds a B.A. in Economics from New York University. She looks forward to sharing her passion of helping young adults reach their educational and career goals.
Bonnie is uniquely positioned to help individuals realize their goals. She focuses on guiding her clients to position themselves strategically in order to reach educational and career goals. She and her clients work together to create a focused and personalized strategic plan in pursuit of educational and career success. For three decades, Bonnie has enjoyed a successful academic career. As an admissions committee member, Bonnie has evaluated thousands of undergraduate and graduate applications. As a faculty member and academic advisor, she’s guided thousands of undergraduate and graduate students to navigate curricular choices. She has successfully helped her students secure meaningful internships, employment, scholarships, and graduate admissions. Bonnie understands university curricula and knows what is required to make a positive impression on faculty and admissions officers evaluating applications.
Educational Consultation: Students and their families are offered individualized guidance including:
- Academic Assessment and Extracurricular Planning and Guidance: Formulate a detailed plan for a challenging high school curriculum. Review and refine extracurricular activities and achievements that create opportunities for enrichment and leadership.
- College Selection: A skills and interest inventory is administered followed by an in-depth discussion to prioritize college/graduate school selection. Investigate potential relevant summer programs.
- Pre-college academic advising: Guidance on potential undergraduate majors with regard to potential careers.
- Create a college and scholarship application resume (“brag” sheet) for use for interviews and to assist teachers and others writing recommendations on your behalf.
- Maximizing college visits per-application and post-acceptance. We will explore the most cost effective approach to college visits while bearing in mind special programs targeting applicants vs. admitted students.
- Guided college application assistance and review that includes application deadline management. Regular reports ensure there are no missed deadlines!
- Admissions essay – We will help you find your niche, develop a strong topic development, and will guide the editing process of multiple drafts .
- We provide special attention to STEM students, including applicants who have conducted scientific research/competition, student athletes and others creating a music and art portfolio to ensure that all supporting credentials are organized to present a unique presentation of your strengths.
- Practice interviews for college and graduate school admissions, scholarships, and internships.
- Negotiating and maximizing your financial aid award. If you’re eligible for financial aid, we’ll work together to increase the initial offers.
- If requested, we will complete and submit FAFSA, CSS Profile and IDOC documents for parents.
Launching and Advancing Your Career:
- Resume, cover letters, networking, and interview assistance
- Performance reviews and promotion opportunities
- Negotiating salary offers and raises
As an HR consultant, Bonnie has reviewed thousands of resumes and cover letters and has also interviewed many internal and external job candidates. Having worked with supervisors in a variety of organizations, she knows just how to capture a hiring manager’s attention in order to gain an interview and secure an employment offer. Bonnie will assist you in understanding how to make the most of organizational policies in navigating your application process.
Originally from New York City and Ithaca NY, Bonnie Rabin currently resides in Florida. When not in front of her laptop, she can be found experimenting with vegan cooking, practicing Yoga, cycling on Route A1A, listening to jazz, beach-combing, and generally enjoying the great outdoors. She’s the proud mother of two adult children: her daughter earned a MS in engineering and is a founder and CTO of an alternate energy company and her son is a software development engineer at a start-up in the high technology sector.