The Common Core State Standards outline behaviors of successful students in Language Arts and Mathematics. My Learning Springboard teachers share this vision and gear their teaching to achieve these desired behaviors when leveraging any one program or methodology. Teaching is an art, and skillful teachers know how to adjust their craft to meet the needs of the student in front of them. With these desired outcomes as a target, instruction can be customized to build success.
According to the Common Core State Standards, students who are college and career ready in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language demonstrate the following behaviors:
- They demonstrate independence.
- They build strong content knowledge.
- They respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline.
- They comprehend as well as critique.
- They value evidence.
- They use technology and digital media strategically and capably.
- They come to understand other perspectives and cultures.
Students who are college and career ready in math demonstrate these behaviors:
- They make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- They reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- They construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- They model with mathematics.
- They use appropriate tools strategically.
- They attend to precision.
- They look for and make use of structure.
- They look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
My Learning Springboard, Inc.